Baker’s Offices Continue to be Ranked No. 1 in PA
– Rep. Matt Baker (R-Tioga/Bradford/Potter) continues his commitment to constituent services by remaining the member with the highest number of motor licensing and other service requests processed, compared to his colleagues from across the state in the House of Representatives’ Republican Caucus.
According to a report released out of Harrisburg, Baker’s offices processed 5,894 motor licensing requests in 2016, compared to the average yearly amount of 624 requests per member. This means Baker’s offices provide more than nine times the volume of services as his peers.
The types of requests documented in the report include motor vehicle, driver licensing, birth certificates, death certificates and ATV/snowmobile paperwork.
This is only a fraction of the total number of requests handled since the documented requests do not include assistance with Property Tax/Rent Rebate applications, PACE/PACENET forms, and the many other services the offices provide, including answering hundreds of phone calls and emails daily.
“Helping residents on a day-to-day basis with filling out applications, contacting a real person at a state agency about an issue, filing paperwork and other tasks is a core function of our offices, yet highly rewarding to have the honor to help so many good citizens within my district,” said Baker. “People often come to my offices seeking help with the bureaucracy of government or simply confused by what is required on a random application for government assistance, and we are here to help.”
Some of the services provided in both Baker’s Wellsboro and Troy district offices include:
- Property Tax/ Rent Rebate applications.
- Driver’s license and vehicle registration applications and renewals.
- Assistance with PennDOT paperwork.
- PACE and PACENET applications for seniors.
- Voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications.
- State tax forms.
- Student aid applications.
- Free state maps, state park information and PA Vacation Guides.
- Copies of legislation.
- Copies of birth and death certificates.
- Scheduling tours of the State Capitol.
- Referrals to agencies to resolve state-related matters.
“My offices provide many services, and I am blessed to have outstanding staff that work as a team to help so many people. I am proud of their strong work ethic and passion to help others. They truly care about helping people with whatever they may need,” said Baker. “I credit my long-standing, No. 1 ranking with such a high volume of service to their hard work on behalf of the residents of the 68th District.”
Baker’s two district offices are located at 74 Main St., Wellsboro
, telephone (570) 724-1390, and 121 Canton St., Troy
, telephone (570) 297-3045. He can also be contacted through his website at RepBaker.com
Representative Matthew Baker
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tricia Lehman